Beat the January Blues
Posted on January 05, 2011 by Charlotte
The joys of Christmas seem like months ago now. The New Year celebrations have died down and we’ve now been hurdled back to reality, back to work to face another delightful cold, dreary January.
Well as that prospect seems a little too depressing for our liking, here at GettingPersonal.co.uk we’ve come up with some ways to beat the January blues and make the most of what the New Year might bring.
So here’s our roundup of the best gifts to help wash away those winter woes…
1. We must accept that the cold weather is here to stay for the next couple of months so rather than moaning on and on about it or sending your heating bills through the roof, get yourself kitted out with the ultimate in cozy, warm attire. The snuggable Slanket and the ever popular Microwavable Cozy Boots are the must-have Cozy Combo this Winter you don’t want to do without.
2. This time of year we all tend to be a bit broke and Pay Day still seems so far away. So rather than splashing your cash on going out all the time, why not make the effort to entertain at home? This handy Love to Cook notebook is perfect for jotting down favourite recipes – you never know, you may become the next Nigella or Jamie!
3. The house always looks a bit bare once all the Christmas decorations come down so why not take the opportunity to spruce things up a bit and add some personal touches to your home. Photo gifts are a grat way of adding a bit of life to a tired room – check out this Photo Frame Clock sure to brighten the place up.
4. If the January blues really are beginning to take their toll and you need a quick pick me up to get you feeling back to your chirpy old self, a little indulgence might be on the cards. Look no further than the ultimate in chocolate heaven – the mouth watering Chocoholics Pizza sure to bring that smile back to your face again and perfect for those cozy nights in.
5. January is all about getting yourself organised and preparing for the year ahead. Whether that includes preparing New Year’s resolutions and setting yourself various challenges, or whether it’s just to simply get through that ever growing job list, whatever sorts of tasks that face you this year it’s always handy to have a lovely calendar to keep you and the rest of the family organised. (And of course personalised calendars are so much more exciting than ordinary ones!)